I have a super simple recipe to share today. I discovered it a several weeks ago and I’ve already made it two times. When my daughter and her husband came from Spain to spend the holidays with us, my son in law practically melted when he took a bite. And that is not a metaphor. Okay, maybe it is, but still. My point is, there is nothing quite as fine as having your family love your cookin’ y’all.
So, make this. You will not be sorry.
Cream Cheese Danish
2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg white
1 cup powdered sugar
4 tbsp milk
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 13X9 casserole dish or baking pan.
- Roll out one pack of crescent rolls on bottom of greased pan. Pinch seams together and work dough to cover the whole bottom of pan.
- Beat together- cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg, until well blended. Spread the mixture on top of dough.
- Roll out another pack of crescent rolls on top of the mixture. Carefully pinch seams together and work it as close as you can to the edge of dish.
- Brush 1 egg white on top of dough.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, OR UNTIL top is golden brown.
- Let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together until well blended and pour on top of danish.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes ( or so) so glaze can “set up”.
The only other thing you need to do is eat it and enjoy it.
I share a lot of our family recipes so if you liked this you may want to follow via Facebook (see follow button on top left side bar) or subscribe via e-mail. Both options will notify you every time a new post is up on the blog.
A lot of exes and ohs,